- Duration: 6 days
The purpose of this Skills Programme is to build on the knowledge, attitudes, skills, and values required to operate Basic Word and Electronic Mail applications confidently in the South African community and to respond to the challenges of the basic computer skills shortages, both at workplace and in general, the country is currently experiencing.
This Programme is intended for learners who are already employed and need to upskill their understanding of Basic Word and Electronic Email applications, or new learners entering the workplace for the first time, requiring basic Computer skills. The two Modules in this programme may be added to a full End User Computing course by learners who wish to enroll for a full course.
Module: Electronic Mail
- Concepts and Terms of Electronic Mail
- Create and Receive mails
- Receive and Respond to E-mails
- Printing E-mails
- Working with multiple E-mails
- Adjust settings to customize the view and preferences and settings of the E-mail application.
- Manage E-mails
- Use the Address book facilities of an electronic mail application.
- Create and use appointments and events.
- Legal, ethical, and organizational issues related to E-mail.
Module: Basic Word Principles
- Use the desktop of a GUI-based operating system.
- Use of the features of a GUI window.
- Use the help facility in a GUI environment.
- Use a pointing device in a GUI environment.
- Use generic print options in a GUI environment.
- Create and edit a table.
- Format a table according to the given requirements.
- Create and edit columns in a document.
- Format a column in a document.
- 6 Days
- PORTFOLIO OF EVIDENCE (POE)
- LEARNER GUIDE
- FORMATIVE AND SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENTS/ PRACTICALS
- STATEMENT OR RESULTS (SOR) Issued by the MICT SETA
- Once off cash payment of R5000 (Payable before the class starts or on registration day)